Cablanca Cheese salad
A delicious light healthy lunch with Cablanca cheese and crunchy apples. Topped with a dusting of chives and dressed with nuts.
- 1 small lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 150 g (5oz) red grapes
- 2 red apples
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g (7oz) Cablanca goat’s cheese
- 25 g (1oz) fresh chives
- 350 g (12oz) white or green cabbage
- 4 dried figs
- 50 g (2oz) shelled walnuts
- pepper & salt
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Chop the walnuts roughly.
- Cut the chives finely.
- Rinse the lemon with warm water. Finely grate the rind over a big bowl. Squeeze the lemon and mix the juice and rind together.
- Shred the cabbage finely.
- Chop the figs.
- Halve the grapes.
- Quarter and core the apples and cut the apple into thin slices or pieces.
- Add to the lemon juice and rind in the bowl and mix.
- Add the mustard and olive oil to the applelemon mixture and season with pepper and a little salt. Add the cabbage, fruit, nuts, chives and cheese and mix well. Divide the salad over 4 nice bowls or plates.
* Works well with Light cheese too