Cheesy Leyden tortilla chips
Crispy tortilla chips coated in a thick Leyden cheese sauce and accompanied with a light tomato and zesty lime salsa. A dish for guests, quick to make and great to share.
- 1 bunch fresh coriander (about 20 g/ ¾oz)
- 1 bunch fresh mint (about 20 g/ ¾oz)
- 1 large lime
- 1/2 tbsp ginger syrup
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 200 g (7oz) Leyden Cheese (with cumin)
- 200 g (7oz) tortilla chips
- 4 spring onions
- cayenne pepper
- pepper & salt
- Chop the spring onions roughly.
- Shred the mint finely. Chop the coriander.
- Cut the tomatoes into very small pieces.
- Cut the cheese into very small (mini) cubes.
- Wash the lime with warm water. Grate the rind finely over a big bowl. Squeeze the lime and mix the juice and rind. Add the ginger syrup and a little cayenne pepper. Season the dressing with pepper & salt and stir well. Toss with the spring onions, tomatoes, herbs and cheese.
- Spoon the Leyden cheese, tomato and lime salsa into 4 small dishes or 1 large dish. Place on plates and scatter the tortilla chips around the dip.
* Works well with Cumin cheese too.