Homemade Portobello burgers
Tasty homemade Portobello burgers finished with fresh Mediterranean Herb cheese and crispy pancetta. Perfect to pop on the BBQ and share with friends.
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 4 portobello mushrooms
- 4 slices Mediterranean Herbs cheese
- 4 thin slices pancetta
- 4 wholewheat bread rolls
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- black pepper
- Preheat the grill or light the barbecue.
- Peel and slice the onion.
- Remove the stalks of the mushrooms. Lightly brush them on both sides with a little olive oil. Brush the onions slices with oil. Grill the mushrooms and onion slices for 34 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Cut, while the vegetables are grilling, the bread rolls open and toast them until golden brown and crispy.
- Turn the mushrooms with their stem side up and sprinkle with black pepper. Place a slice of cheese on top of each portobello and allow the cheese to melt.
- Grill the slices of pancetta for 1 minute on each side.
- Spread the bread rolls with ketchup. Now build your burger. Start with a lettuce leaf, then a slice of onion and a portobello mushroom. Finish with a slice of pancetta and the other half of the bread roll. Serve hot!
* Swap Mediterranean Herbs for Garden Herbs.