Spinach and carrot stir-fry
A vegetable packed stir fry, with crunchy carrots and fresh spinach, topped with tasty Edam Chilli Cheese and tangy red onion. A meal that is quick, fast and filled with flavour.
- 200 g (7oz) Edam cheese with chilli peppers
- 200 g (7oz) small carrots
- 3 small red onions
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- 300 g (10oz) fresh spinach
- pepper & salt
- Peel the carrots and slice them into thin rounds.
- Peel the onions and cut into 8 wedges each.
- Wash and dry the spinach. Pick out any tough stalks.
- Dice the cheese into 1 cm cubes.
- Heat the oil in a wok. Stirfry the carrots and onions for 5 minutes. Add the spinach in 3 batches, waiting between batches until the spinach has wilted. Add pepper & salt, then stir in the cheese. Stirfry for a short while until the cheese starts to melt. Spoon the stirfry onto plates and serve immediately.
- Delicious with grilled boneless chicken breast, fish or prawns.
* Swap Edam Chili Pepper with Garden Herbs.