Toasted Cablanca sandwich
A creamy toasted cheese sandwich, with grilled courgettes and a touch of fresh crunchy basil; perfect for a comforting lunch or a light dinner.
- 1 courgette (about 200 g/7oz)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 fresh basil sprigs
- 4 slices Cablanca goat’s cheese
- 8 slices (wholewheat) bread
- 8 tbsp tomato ketchup
- Preheat the grill.
- Cut the courgette into 24 slices. Brush both sides with olive oil and grill for 34 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Pick the basil leaves off the sprigs and chop the stalks.
- Spread the bread slices on one side with tomato ketchup. Put 4 slices, ketchup side up, on a work surface and cover with the grilled courgette. Scatter the chopped basil stalks and some black pepper on top. Follow with a slice of cheese and some basil leaves. Place the remaining slices of bread, ketchup side down, on top.
- Toast the sandwiches until golden brown. Halve them diagonally and serve hot!
* Also tastes great with Garlic cheese.